Twitter Link

Monday, June 18, 2007

I've Only Just Begun!

I've learned so much from the Read/Write Web class these past few weeks. But, this is only the beginning. I'm teaching summer school this summer, and plan to use one of my blogs with my students. First, as a way to for my students to think and then respond to questions I may post. Second, as a way to learn and then practice how to use JAWS and Zoomtext (the screenreader, screen magnifier) to access those pages through keyboard shortcuts I'm teaching to the students.
In addition, I want to complete a thought I had had with my students this year: making a podcast with my students related to visual impairments. One idea was to talk about things that are 'pet peeves' for my students. One of my students said that he hates when kids and adults call his (mobility) cane a 'stick'. So, stay tuned and take a look at my webpage during the summer to hopefully listen to our podcast. Room B1

No comments: