Twitter Link

Thursday, April 29, 2010

In Celebration of National Poetry Month (April) ...

As I was looking back at some of my emails, I found a wonderful poem written by one of our students. I wanted to sneak in this poem before April ended. Her name is Laura, and I posted one of her poems toward the end of last school year. Rereading some of her poems, this one just hit me (with all of the wars and war-like behavior I've been reading about in the news lately, Laura's poem struck a chord). Laura uses her mPower (an accessible PDA for braille reading and writing), daily and enjoys writing. She is in high school now, and I hope she continues to share her thoughts and insights with us. Enjoy:

AT THE BLOODY FIELD
by Laura D.

As I peer at the bloody field
and see comrades dead
they shout at us
"This is war and war is hell."

I shout back
"war is hell"
but if war is hell
and you cause us hell
we'll return the favor

and so
doing so
we are giving hell to the world.

No comments: