Twitter Link

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Some Great Keyboard Shortcuts for Accessibility

Michael, a fantastic teacher in our VI (Visually Impaired) Program, gave me some great keyboard shortcuts to help make the Windows environment more accessible to students who are blind or who have low vision. He gave me permission to share his files, so I'm posting two of them here on the side of this blog: Keyboard Shortcut Commands and Word Shortcuts. My favorite from the Keyboard Shortcut Commands is setting for high contrast, helpful for some students who may be light sensitive: Access Windows High Contrast Settings: “Left Alt” + “Left Shift” +
“Print Screen”, then press OK. The screen will change to all black, with white text. If you leave the computer idle for a certain amount of time, it'll revert back to the regular screen, but if you need to change it back on your own, simply press the same keys as you did to start it. Thanks, Michael, and I'm continually in awe of the people in our program--I learn something new every day!

No comments: